There is a store called State of Mind on Davie Street who's owner/stylist is bat shit crazy and I love it.I visited the store about 4 years ago and the experience was one I will never forget. Linda is a bald lesbian and stylist. Although, she has a store on retail busy Davie Street, she will yell at you if you walk into her store and demand who told you about it. After yelling at me she 'complimented' me on my style and told me that as a gay man I did not 'look' gay. Well thanks Linda! I managed to escape without buying anything.
Other people I have met in Vancouver that have experienced Linda have all different sorts of bad experiences from being told "you have horrible fashion sense, get the fuck out of my store" to "you are wearing Lululemon and for that I can not have you in my store". I agree Lululemon is a complete disaster on all fronts.
I fully recommend visiting her and seeing this crazy bitch in action, although sometimes she has the door blocked off so nobody can get in. She has styled stars like Bruce Willis and Tegan & Sara and specializes in men's fashion.
If you do want to spend a fortune and be styled by Linda call ahead and make an appointment. She will lock the store, strip you down to your underwear and style you, not allowing you to look in the mirror until she is complete. She has been in business for 10 yrs so she must be doing something right.
State of Mind is located at 1100 Davie St in the West End. 604.682.7116
No comments:
Post a Comment